Installing your new doors can be a hassle unless you have a few recommendations from a professional. However, as long as you follow the tips below, you’ll find that DIY door installation can even be a fun and exciting pastime:
- The easiest way to install an interior door is to use a pre-hung door. In this case, all you have to do is install it into a rough opening without worrying about having to complete complex tasks for which you might need the help of a professional.
- Decide on whether to have a right hand or a left hand swing in the beginning. Then you can avoid any additional problems down the line. Also, have the manufacturer drill all the holes for the locksets.
- When the door arrives with a readily installed brace provided to keep it level, it’s best practice to leave it on until the unit is plumbed and fastened into place.
- To ensure that your new door will hang plumb, make sure you trim the excess drywall gradually, while checking periodically to see if it’s enough.
- The location for the shims should also be determined in advance by measuring against the jambs where they are needed.
With these basic tips, cutting the door, installing the shims and making sure the door is level will be entirely easy. For a professional installation call on DMD Builders expertise. Then all you need is to position your new interior door and get it to swing freely.